Showing the single result
What is Phentermine?
The tablets of Phentermine drug are available as an on-label treatment for weight loss (obesity) in adults. As per the guidelines of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), you can use the medicine as a short-term treatment for up to a period of 12 months. Likewise, the drug can only be prescribed to a person older than 16 years of age.
Currently, you can get Phentermine available in its brand name – Adipex-P, Suprenza, and others. Some doctors may also prescribe the medicine in combination form with other drugs. The reason is that taking Phentermine as an individual dose will also affect your heart and other organs.
How does Phentermine work?
As per the doctor’s suggestion, taking a dose of Phentermine will work wonders for your body. The drug belongs to the class of anorectics and acts as an appetite suppressant.
To know about the actual process of Phentermine weight loss, you may go through the following –
- Taking a dose of Phentermine for weight loss will suppress your hunger and further limit your calorie intake.
- Furthermore, the continuous process will lead to weight loss after a certain period of 4 to 5 weeks.
- It may not be clear how exactly Phentermine works to lower your hunger, but it happens to act by increasing the neurotransmitter inside the brain.
Does Phentermine work in weight loss?
It’s obvious that a person will only be able to reduce weight by eating a well-balanced and low-calorie diet and regular physical exercise. In addition, particular drugs may help in providing support to the weight loss process. More so, you can only use such medicine after getting a prescription from the doctor.
Among various drugs that help in weight loss, Phentermine is the most popular in the United States. Doctors usually prescribe their patients to buy Phentermine online as a short-term treatment along with a low-calorie diet. Moreover, your doctor will also suggest regular exercise that helps in shedding weight faster than usual.
How to take Phentermine?
First, anyone taking Phentermine should know it’s a prescription drug. Likewise, you must take it exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Some general steps that you can use include –
- Do not take the medication in a larger or smaller dose. Always use it as per the doctor’s recommendation.
- Usually, you can take the dose along with your breakfast.
- Do not use the medicine in high dosage volume as it can be unsafe.
- Only take medication for a certain period of 4 to 5 weeks.
- The misuse of the drug can cause addiction. Similarly, withdrawal symptoms can be dangerous afterwards.
Important Information Before Taking Phentermine
A person must keep some general points in mind before using the pills of Phentermine. They include –
- You must not take Phentermine if you are allergic to the medication.
- Patients with a history of the following disorders should avoid using the medicine – heart disease, high blood pressure, extreme nervousness, overactive thyroid, and other issues.
- A person with a history of abuse should avoid the consumption of the medicine.
- The medication is unsafe for pregnant women or breastfeeding their children.
- Any person below the age of 16 years must not take the dose for any reason.
It’s considerable to say that the drug is helpful for various measures depending upon the user’s condition. While you may be using the medicine accordingly, there can be issues for which you may require the doctor’s help.